According to the 1969 record, this is an old abandoned cemetery located about 1/4 mile from the Prescott city limits near the railroad track toward Gurdon. It stated that 20 or 25 people were buried here. It is on property owned in 2005 by David Hildebrand and can be accessed from a road that follows the eastern right-of-way of the railroad off the Wildcat Road. It is in a pasture behind a locked gate. Permission would be needed to visit the cemetery.
References to an "earlier record" usually refer to a survey conducted in the 1950's by
the Nevada County Extension Homemakers' Clubs, the original of which is on file at the
Nevada County Depot and Museum.
Since 1997, Jery and Jeanie McKelvy have conducted a periodic canvas of each cemetery in
the county and use additional resources to keep the listings current.