These two graves are on the old DeWoody place near Bluff City according to family members. The actual location has not been verified. The land is now owned by the Walters family (African-American) Located about one mile west of Bluff City on north side of Hwy. 24. The old DeWoody School was also once located on this property.
References to an "earlier record" usually refer to a survey conducted in the 1950's by
the Nevada County Extension Homemakers' Clubs, the original of which is on file at the
Nevada County Depot and Museum.
Since 1997, Jery and Jeanie McKelvy have conducted a periodic canvas of each cemetery in
the county and use additional resources to keep the listings current.